Kentucky High School Blocks Diploma For Student Who Praised Jesus In Unscripted Graduation Speech

It can be difficult to declare one’s beliefs in today’s society without encountering opposition. Micah Price, a Campbell County High School alumnus from Alexandria, Kentucky, found himself in this situation. Micah bravely shared his faith in Jesus Christ during his graduation speech, which caused the institution to first withhold his diploma.

Micah was allowed to mention Jesus Christ in his speech on May 24 at Northern Kentucky University’s commencement ceremony, which took place at Truist Arena. He took use of the occasion to exhort other Christians to maintain their faith. He was met with thunderous ovation from the crowd as he said, “Class, before another word leaves my mouth, I must give the honor, the praise, and the glory to my lord and savior Jesus Christ.”

Micah declared, “Who in his very words tells us he is the light, he is the way, the truth, and the life,” going beyond simple acknowledgment. I’m here to inform the class and everyone in the audience today that if you don’t have any of those things in your life and you’re having trouble finding the solution, then my lord and savior is the solution. The audience applauded this sincere message, but school administrators were not happy with his deviation from the authorized script.

Following his speech, Micah was approached by administrators from the school, informing him that he would have to defend his actions to the board of education. He received a rebuke from the school and had his diploma temporarily delayed. As Micah said in a TikTok video, “I went off script during the speech, so one of the principals came in, tapped me on the shoulder, and very politely and professionally told me that I was going to have to go in front of the board and explain what I did.”

Micah had previously been permitted to name his “lord and savior Jesus Christ” by the Campbell County School District, but they had required he adhere to the preapproved script. “All speakers were told that going off their submitted speech, or any unplanned choices at graduation, may have repercussions as they would at any school function,” Superintendent Shelli Wilson said in her explanation. Other than this outpouring of Christian faith, off-program decisions like political election remarks, incorrect language use, or speech, signs, and caps supporting any cause or religion could have the opposite effect.

But Micah remained steadfast in his convictions. He said that in order to prevent dividing the audience, the additional preaching that was originally included in his screenplay was removed at the school’s request. He told WKRC, “I think it was okay that I thanked him, but maybe it wasn’t what they wanted when I went in and pushed them to follow him and other Christians to stand up and talk about him.”

Though they had been reprimanded, Micah didn’t feel bad for the school administrators since he understood they were just carrying out their duties. He said, accepting full responsibility for his acts, “I follow God’s instructions, not anyone else’s. Thus, I am the one at fault if anyone is. I should be punished. When Micah finally got his certificate after a protracted holiday weekend, he described it as “an answered prayer.”

Micah, who is planning to enrol in the US Air Force Academy, is unwavering in his convictions and has no regrets. “Holding it is simply a prayer that has been answered; nothing more,” he uttered. Many find encouragement in Micah’s steadfast faith and bravery in defending his convictions, which demonstrate the strength of willpower and conviction in the face of difficulty.

Micah’s story serves as a reminder of the value of standing up for our values in a world when it might be difficult to communicate such beliefs. His story inspires others to be brave and unyielding in their convictions by demonstrating the power of strong character and the significant influence of unflinching faith.

Queen Camilla’s ‘secret’ role to help Kate Middleton, revealed

When Kate Middleton underwent a planned abdominal surgery in mid-January, everyone hoped she heals well. However, things didn’t seem right when she was nowhere to be seen, with the Palace assuring the general public that the Princess was doing well.

Soon after, speculations and rumors started circulating around, and they only intensified after Kate posted a photo posing with her three children on the patio on Mother’s Day. The reason why, as we all know already, was that the photo was manipulated. This was quickly noticed by photoshop experts, but the truth is, one doesn’t need to be an expert to see that someone had edited the image before publishing.

Later, Kate posted on her social media that she was the one who edited the photo and while people praised her for confessing the truth, they slammed the Palace for not defending her.

On Friday, Kate put a stop to the rumors when she decided to address the public via a video in which she spoke of her health and revealed that after her abdominal surgery doctors ran tests that revealed the presence of cancer.

“My medical team therefore advised that I should undergo a course of preventative chemotherapy and I am now in the early stages of that treatment,” Kate video detailed. “This of course came as a huge shock, and William and I have been doing everything we can to process and manage this privately for the sake of our young family.”

The Princess further detailed that it had taken her time to recover from the surgery and “to explain everything” to her children George, Charlotte and Louis.

“As you can imagine, this has taken time. It has taken me time to recover from major surgery in order to start my treatment. But, most importantly, it has taken us time to explain everything to George, Charlotte and Louie in a way that’s appropriate for them and to reassure them that I’m going to be okay. As I said to them, I am well, and getting stronger every day by focusing on the things that will help me heal. In my mind, body and spirits. Having William by my side is a great source of comfort.”

LONDON, ENGLAND – NOVEMBER 12: Catherine, Princess of Wales attends the National Service of Remembrance at The Cenotaph on November 12, 2023 in London, England. Every year, members of the British Royal family join politicians, veterans and members of the public to remember those who have died in combat. (Photo by Ian Vogler – WPA Pool/Getty Images)

She didn’t reveal the specific type of cancer she’s battling.

In the video, she asks for privacy during this difficult time for her and her family.

The Princess of Wales continued, “Having William by my side is a great source of comfort and reassurance too. As is the love, support and kindness that has been shown by so many of you. It means so much to us both. We hope that you will understand that, as a family, we now need some time, space and privacy while I complete my treatment. My work has always brought me a deep sense of joy, and I look forward to being back when I am able — but for now, I must focus on making a full recovery.”

“At this time, I am also thinking of all those whose lives have been affected by cancer. For everyone facing this disease, in whatever form, please do not lose faith or hope,” she concluded. “You are not alone.”

Toby Melville – WPA Pool/Getty Images

During Kate and Charles’ absence, it is their spouses who stepped in and took upon themselves to carry out royal duties.

Royal expert Angela Levin appeared on GB News, saying that Queen Camilla is “holding the royal family up.”

“I mean, to wait till you’re 73 is a long time before you can take the crown. I think obviously, at his age, it’s very difficult, but he’s very determined, and he’s only really just started to be king,” Levin said. “Supporting him very much, absolutely by his side, is Queen Camilla, who is going to all the engagements that they would have gone to together on her own.”

“And so that way he will feel it’s still moving, it’s still running, and they can discuss it and talk about it. And I think that’s marvelous. I mean, she is holding the Royal Family up and being strong. If you imagine 30 years ago, people were saying the whole Royal Family would absolutely disintegrate, and she would be of no use.”

Besides having revealed that she doesn’t want to be under the spotlight, Camilla is doing an excellent job and is very “accessible.”

“To support her husband. She understands him very well because they’ve been together for over 50 years, before they even got married. it’s a long time and they make each other laugh,” Angela Levin added. “They have the same sense of humor, they understand each other, and if you see them when they’re out, they move together. It’s very tandem.”

MALTON, ENGLAND – APRIL 05: King Charles III and Camilla, Queen Consort visit Talbot Yard Food Court on April 05, 2023 in Malton, England. The King and Queen Consort are visiting Yorkshire to meet local producers and charitable organisations. (Photo by Chris Jackson/Getty Images)

Today, it’s safe to say that Camilla is a much-appreciated member of the family, but both she and Kate once went through a media scrutiny.

For Kate, it was back in the day when her and William’s relationship went public, with the medial labeling as “Lazy Kate,” and “Waity Katie.”

Sadly, she once again experienced that scrutiny following the Mother’s Day picture incident.

In an interview with Today, The Telegraph’s associate editor, Camilla Tominey, claimed that the queen “has been trying to help [Catherine] through the media storm aspect in all of this.”

Finnbarr Webster – WPA Pool / Getty Images

Tominey said, “I think before [Catherine] made the announcement because she was having to cope with the fallout of everything that was said about the Mother’s Day photo and everything else, I think Camilla lent some support.”

“Because let’s be honest, [Camilla] knows what it’s like to have a difficult press. She knows what it’s like to shepherd children through a media storm,” she added.

When Camilla’s affair with Charles was exposed, she was one of the most hated women in the country. At one point, she was even afraid to leave her house because she endured “torrents” of mistreatment from the public.

Related Posts

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*